Shrimp nachos with white cheddar sauce and hass avocado grapefruit salsa recipe
Shrimp Nachos with White Cheddar Sauce and Hass Avocado Grapefruit Salsa
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Food Network host and chef Tyler Florence created this recipe for the Hass Avocado Board. This goes with his Hass Avocado Grapefruit Salsa.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 dried chipotle chile
- 1 pound peeled shrimp, finely diced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) bag baked tortilla chips
- Hass Avocado Grapefruit Salsa
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Gradually add the milk, stirring until it becomes thick and smooth, about 5 minutes. Add the cheese, and stir until melted and sauce is smooth. Whisk in half of the cumin and season with kosher salt; set aside.
2. Place a skillet over medium heat and add the oil, chile and remaining half of cumin. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the shrimp, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Remove the chipotle chile before serving.
3. To serve, pile the tortilla chips on a platter and top with the cheese sauce, chipotle shrimp and Hass Avocado Grapefruit Salsa. Garnish with shredded cheese.Note
Find Tyler Florence’s recipe for Hass Avocado Grapefruit Salsa here:
Reference: Shrimp nachos with white cheddar sauce and hass avocado grapefruit salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.