Shrimp andouille dressing recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This is a recipe that I stumbled across when I was looking for something different with stuffing. It’s delicious and full of spicy flavor.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 pounds andouille sausage (if unavailable, use ham)
- 4 – 6 cups bread crumbs
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Sauté the vegetables in the butter until the onions are transparent. In a separate pan, saute the shrimp until they’ve barely turned pink. Set aside in a bowl, then dice the andouille or ham and brown; pour off fat.
3. Mix the meat, shrimp and vegetables; add 4 cups of bread crumbs and moisten with the stock. Mix, and add more bread crumbs (and butter, if necessary) until the stuffing is the proper consistency.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F until done, about 20-30 minutes.
Tags: recipe, Shrimp andouille dressing recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Shrimp andouille dressing recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com