Shakespeare’s joyful rice recipe
Shakespeare’s Joyful Rice
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Cream of chicken gravy over white rice. The ingredients for this recipe are not gourmet, but the taste is gourmet.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 cup enriched long grain rice.
- 2 1/2 cups water.
- 1 teaspoon canning salt.
- 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1 can of Campbell’s(R) cream of chicken soup.
- 1 tablespoon sugar.
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Pour water into the saucepan, and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and add in 1 cup of rice. Stir rice and let it cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add butter. Let the rice cook for 12 more minutes.
3. Combine cream chicken soup, and milk in a 2-quart saucepan, and let it cook over medium heat.
4. After the rice has cooked for 12 minutes remove it from the heat, and drain off the water in a strainer.
5. Immediately put you some rice into a serving bowl, and pour some of the chicken soup over it.
6. Sprinkle it with a tablespoon of sugar, and there you are. You’re ready to sample Shakespeare’s Joyful rice.
Reference: Shakespeare’s joyful rice recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.