Seafood quiche recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Whoever said that cheese and seafood don’t go together is crazy! This quiche is great for breakfast, lunch, or brunch… or for a snack during a good movie.
Ready in: 2 hours 15 mins
- 2 prepared deep-dish pie crusts
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped basil
- 1/2 cup cubed scallops
- 1 cup cubed lobster meat
- 1 cup shredded crab meat
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup grated smoked swiss cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour | Extra time: 1 hour, cooling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 (9-inch) glass pie pans with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the pastry dough in the pans.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and basil until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. In another bowl, blend together by hand the seafood, jalapeno, broccoli, bell pepper, garlic, onion, shallots, and cheeses. Make sure everything is well-incorporated.
4. Arrange seafood/cheese mixture in the bottom of each pie. The pies should be about half full with seafood; then, pour half of the egg mixture in each.
5. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes until golden, bubbly, and set… and until you can’t resist the smell any longer!
6. Completely cool on a wire rack, then serve.
Reference: Seafood quiche recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.