Scotto sunday sauce with meatballs recipe
Scotto Sunday Sauce with Meatballs
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Flavorful meatballs made with beef, onion and diced Pepperidge Farm(R) Texas Toast are simmered in Prego(R) Italian Sauce with a dash of crushed red pepper and basil. Serve with your favorite pasta and garnish with fresh basil leaves. For dessert, serve assorted seasonal fruits mixed with honey, lemon and walnuts.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 large onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups Prego(R) Flavored with Meat Italian Sauce
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 slices thawed Pepperidge Farm(R) Texas Toast Garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium heat. Add 2 cups onions and the garlic and cook until the onion is tender. Stir the sauce, basil and red pepper in the saucepot. Remove the saucepot from the heat.
2. Place the bread into a large bowl. Pour the milk over the bread. Stir and press the bread into the milk to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add the beef, remaining onions, eggs and cheese to the bread mixture. Mix the beef mixture thoroughly and shape firmly into 12 (3-inch) meatballs. Place the meatballs onto a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs in batches and cook until they’re well browned.
5. Add the meatballs to the sauce mixture. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Serve with additional Texas Toast or Garlic Bread, if desired.
Reference: Scotto sunday sauce with meatballs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.