Scotch eggs for breakfast recipe
Scotch Eggs for Breakfast
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Not just deep-fried eggs. Eggs deep-fried with a sausage crust. Usually eaten for breakfast. Now that’s how you start your day.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 3 cups oil for frying
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 pound ground lean sausage
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs, or as needed
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat oil in deep fryer to medium. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (optional).
2. Wrap each egg with the sausage. Roll it in flour, then egg wash, then bread crumbs.
3. Fry coated eggs in deep fryer until sausage is cooked though.
4. If desired, make sure the sausage is cooked by draining on paper towel, then placing on baking sheet to bake for 10 minutes.
5. Serve hot or cold.
Tags: recipe, Scotch eggs for breakfast recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Scotch eggs for breakfast recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com