Sausage and egg breakfast pie recipe
Sausage and Egg Breakfast PieThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a delicious and filling breakfast option? Look no further than this mouthwatering Sausage and Egg Breakfast Pie recipe. Packed with savory sausage, fluffy eggs, and a flaky crust, this dish is perfect for starting your day off right. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up this hearty pie in no time. Whether you're hosting a brunch or craving a comforting breakfast at home, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Keywords: sausage, egg, breakfast pie, recipe, savory.
sausage and egg breakfast pie recipe details
This easy breakfast pie gets an assist from refrigerated biscuit dough.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 pieces refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Pour 1 teaspoon olive oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Cook sausage and oregano in hot oil for about 5 minutes, then drain on paper towels.
3. Combine sausage with feta and olives in a bowl.
4. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Roll each biscuit dough piece out into a thin round and arrange in the pie pan to form a crust.
5. Pour sausage mixture into the pie pan.
6. Whisk eggs with egg yolks, milk, and salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage in the pie pan.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, until eggs are completely set. Serve sliced in wedges.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Sausage and egg breakfast pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 19 times, 1 visit(s) today