Salmon cheesecake recipe
Salmon Cheesecake recipe⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- Ingredients for the Chasseur sauce:
- 1 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (or favorite hot sauce)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 cup grated smoked gouda cheese (smoked do not substitute)
- 1-1/2 cups salmon
- Sour cream, for garnishing
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 10″ spring form pan with non-stick spray. Cut strips of parchment or wax paper to line edges of pan (this will make removal of any cheesecake easier).
Mix Parmesan and bread crumbs with just enough butter to hold together when squeezed in your hand (you shouldn’t need the whole 1/2 cup). Press into the bottom of spring form. Pulse onion and peppers in food processor till finely chopped. Spray frying pan with non-stick spray and sautÃ© onion and peppers with garlic till tender, but not brown. Let cool. Pulse cream cheese in food processor till smooth. Add eggs one at a time (stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl) and process till smooth. Add Worcestershire, Tabasco, and salt and pepper and process till thoroughly mixed. Add cooked pepper, onion, garlic mixture and pulse until incorporated. FOLD in cheese and salmon and pour over crust smoothing top with the back of a spoon. Bake for 35-45 minutes (times vary depending on oven). Allow cake to cool to room temp then refrigerate (best after a day or two in the frig).
Top with sour cream and garnish with capers or chives if so desired. Serve by itself or with slices of bread and crackers for spreading.
Tags: recipe, Salmon cheesecake recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Salmon cheesecake recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com