Salli chicken recipe
Salli Chicken RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. Ingredients
1. Chicken (8med. Size pieces about 800gms)
2. deep fried potato straws , salli (2c)
3. red chilly paste (2tsp)
4. chopped onions (2)
5. cumin seeds (1tsp)
6. bay leaves (2)
7. oil (3tbsp)
8. garlic paste (2tsp)
9. ginger paste (1tsp)
10. curry powder or hot spice mix (1tsp)
11. turmeric powder (1/2tsp)
12. salt and freshly milled pepper (to taste)
13. finely chopped or grated tomatoes (3large)
14. coriander powder (2tsp)
15. finely chopped fresh coriander (for garnishes)
16. red chili powder (1 tsp)
Method of preparation
1. Take a bowl, add garlic paste, ginger paste, half of curry powder, turmeric, red chili paste, pepper and salt in it. Mix all these ingredients and then put chicken pieces in it to marinate for about 2 minutes.
2. Take a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat oil in it. Add the cumin seeds and bay leaves in it and fry them until the seeds get sputters. Then add onions and fry them for about 4 minutes until they get golden brown. Add remaining ginger and garlic paste and red chilly powder in it.
3. Fry this mixture for about 2 minutes and then and then add left over curry powder and coriander powder in it. Fry it for few seconds. Add tomatoes in it and fry them for about 5 minutes to make thick gravy. Now add chicken and salt in the pan. Mix it well and keep it to boil.
4. Cover the pan and cook it for about 15 minutes on low heat until the chicken gets cooked well and the gravy gets thick. When it gets ready then decorate the chicken with the potato straws (salli) and serve it.
Number of servings – 4
Share this content!
Reference: Salli chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.