Saffron jalapeno rice pilaf recipe
Saffron Jalapeno Rice PilafThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis saffron jalapeno rice pilaf recipe is a delightful fusion of flavors that will elevate any meal. The aromatic saffron adds a rich and exotic touch, while the jalapenos bring a hint of heat and a burst of freshness. With every bite, you'll savor the perfect balance of textures and tastes, from the fluffy rice to the crunchy vegetables. Whether served as a side dish or a main course, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
Keywords: saffron, jalapeno, rice pilaf, fusion, flavors
saffron jalapeno rice pilaf recipe details
If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right, yes? That’s practically a man law. So instead of making normal rice, take a little extra time to make this spicy, flavorful pilaf.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 strand saffron
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, with 2 or 3 incisions in skin
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the onions, mushrooms, peppers, and raw rice. Cook, stirring, until vegetables sweat and the rice is slightly brown, about 8 minutes.
3. Add raisins, turmeric, and curry powder. Stir well.
4. In microwave-safe bowl, microwave the broth until it’s boiling, about 6 minutes. Add saffron, then stir broth into rice mixture.
5. Place punctured jalapenos on top of the rice mixture. Since they are only slit on the skin, their flavor will go through the rice with just enough heat to make it a little spicy but not overpowering.
6. Cover the Dutch oven with the lid and place in the oven’s center rack. Bake for 45 minutes.Alternate Method
If you want this to be a main dish, just brown a pound of ground beef and add it to the other ingredients just before baking.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Saffron jalapeno rice pilaf recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.