Roasted salsa burgers with avocado mayo recipe
Roasted Salsa Burgers with Avocado Mayo⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A moist perfect burger.
Ready in: 20 hours 20 mins
- 2 pounds freshly ground chuck
- 8 Roma tomatoes, halved with seeds and pulp removed
- 1 white onion, peeled and cut into thick (1/2 inch) slices
- 3 tomatillos
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 6 hamburger buns
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Prep: 20 hours | Cook: 20 mins
1. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
2. To make patties mix the ground beef with salt and set aside. To prepare salsa rub tomatoes, onion, tomatillos, poblano and jalapeno peppers with oil. Place on grill and cook until charred, removing each as they finish cooking. Let peppers steam in a bowl covered with plastic, peel, remove seeds and chop. Remove peel from tomatoes and chop. Dice onion, finely chop tomatillos and mix with grilled peppers and cilantro in a medium bowl. Add 1 cup of the salsa to the meat and mix handling as little as possible and avoiding over compacting the mixture. Use the remainder as a dip with tortilla chips. Shape mixture into 6 patties sized to fit the buns.
3. For the Avocado Mayo mayonnaise, sour cream and avocado. Chill until burgers are ready to assemble.
4. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side until the desired doneness is reached (150-155 degrees in the center for medium) brushing with glaze on each side as the patty grills. During the last few minutes of cooking, place the buns cut side down on the grill rack to toast and place cheese on each patty. Dress each cut side of the buns with mayo. Place cooked patty on each bun. Place on the remaining bun top and serve.
Tags: recipe, Roasted salsa burgers with avocado mayo recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Roasted salsa burgers with avocado mayo recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com