Roasted red pepper bisque recipe
Roasted-Red-Pepper Bisque⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
Recipe developed for an ingredient-limited challenge on another site.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 6 Red bell peppers
- 1 Cup Chicken stock
- 1/4 Cup Dry sherry
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Mexican cream (or sour cream)
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Extra time: 15 mins, other
1. Preheat oven to broil and spray a baking sheet with Pam.
2. Place peppers on a baking sheet under the broiler until the skins become black, turning until the peppers are black on all sides.
3. Place the peppers into a large pot, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to stand at least 15 minutes.
4. Carefully peel the skin and remove the seeds from each pepper. Discard.
5. Purée the peppers and place into a clean pot. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the sherry and simmer one minute more. Add the cream and heat through. Adjust the seasoning with salt and white pepper to taste.
6. Garnish each serving with some Mexican cream from a squeeze bottle, or a dollop of sour cream.
Check out this recipe book if you would like to cook something tasty AND healthy!
Tags: recipe, Roasted red pepper bisque recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Roasted red pepper bisque recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com