Roasted red bell pepper steak recipe
Roasted Red Bell Pepper SteakThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the mouthwatering Roasted Red Bell Pepper Steak recipe, a delightful dish that combines the richness of steak with the smoky sweetness of roasted red bell peppers. This recipe is perfect for meat lovers seeking a burst of flavor and a touch of elegance on their dinner table. The tender steak is marinated in a delicious blend of herbs and spices, then grilled to perfection and topped with succulent roasted red bell peppers. With its enticing aroma and exquisite taste, this recipe is sure to impress even the most discerning palates.
Keywords: Roasted red bell pepper, steak, recipe, flavor, elegance.
Roasted red bell pepper steak recipe details
Oven-roasted bell peppers are the stars here. I was inspired to redo this concept when I saw the Iron Chef show in 2003. The recipe is very very simple but never underestimate the moment you put this steak in your mouth!
Ready in: 2 hours 15 mins
- 2 x 250g (9 ounce) steak fillet
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, divided
- 3 red Bellpepper
- 1 onion, unpeeled
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. To marinate the steaks, mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil, dried rosemary, 1 crushed garlic clove and pepper to taste in plastic resealable bag. Add meat, seal. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
2. When the steak is marinated, preheat your oven to 500 degrees F (250 degrees C).
3. Make a 1×1 inch of slit underneath the 3 red peppers to insert a clove of garlic each. Roast the red peppers and onion on an oven tray with a tablespoon of oil for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes.
4. At minute 45, start to sear the steak in a hot skillet for 4 minutes each side. Set aside when done.
5. After 1 hour, remove peppers and peel and seed them. Peel the roasted garlic and onion. In a food processor or a ricer, mash the red pepper, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. It should be a sauce consistency.
6. Spoon the sauce on the plate and put the steak on top. Optional: Serve with roasted potatoes.Tip
Only turn the steak once when grilling, it keeps steaks moist.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Roasted red bell pepper steak recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.