Roasted pork medallions with four roses bourbon cherry sauce and applewood bacon polenta cake recipe
Roasted Pork Medallions With Four Roses Bourbon Cherry Sauce and Applewood Bacon Polenta Cake
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
For a taste-tempting treat that is as unique as it is delicious, sink your teeth into a hearty dinner that includes Roasted Pork Medallions with Four Roses Bourbon Cherry Sauce, served with Applewood Bacon Polenta Cake. Part of the Southern Gaming Casino Cook-off presented by Four Roses Bourbon.
Ready in: 2 hours
- Four Roses(R) Cherry Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Four Roses(R) bourbon
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pork stock
- 1 tablespoon chilled unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Roasted Pork Medallions:
- 2 cups brine honey
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Four Roses(R) bourbon
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 trimmed pork tenderloin
- Bacon Polenta:
- 4 cups pork stock
- 1/2 cup fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced bacon
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 1 hour
1. For the Four Roses(R) Cherry Sauce: Rehydrate cherries in Four Roses(R) bourbon. Saute onion and garlic in butter, add hydrated cherries and Four Roses(R) bourbon, and stir in honey, vinegar, and brown sugar. Blend sauce and press through a chinois into a clean pan.
2. Add pork stock and reduce by one half. Remove from heat and whisk in chilled butter. Season to taste.
3. For Roasted Pork Medallions: Dissolve honey in water and add remaining ingredients. Place pork in zip bag and pour in brine. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hours.
4. Remove from brine and dry. Sear all sides in a hot skillet and finish in a 400 degree oven.
5. For Bacon Polenta: Heat pork stock and add sage leaves. Simmer for 5 minutes and let drain. Saute bacon and onion in butter. Season with salt and pepper; add to pork stock and bring to a boil.
6. Whisk in polenta and stir until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese. Spread 1/2-inch thick onto greased sheet pan. Chill.
7. Cut set polenta into serving pieces. Lightly coat with cooking spray and place on hot grill. Once grill marks are obtained, turned one-quarter to form cross-hatch pattern.
Reference: Roasted pork medallions with four roses bourbon cherry sauce and applewood bacon polenta cake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.