Pasta with creamy tomato sauce recipe
Pasta with Creamy Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I’ve been making this one for years and everyone asks for a copy of the recipe. Easy to make and great left over.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 hot Italian sausage cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 28 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground is best)
- 8 ounces mostaccioli or rotini macaroni
- 1/4 cup of creamy Parmesan salad dressing
Preparation methodPrep: 25 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat oil in large pot and cook sausage until it is almost done, about 8 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain fat.
2. Add tomato sauce, basil, parsley, and black pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook pasta per the package directions.
4. Remove sauce from heat and stir in the salad dressing. Pour desired amount over pasta and serve.
Reference: Pasta with creamy tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)