Roasted eggplant and red pepper salad
Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Salad
Even if you think you don’t like eggplant, you will be surprised by Chef Rose Ludwig’s Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Salad. Roasting it gives it a very sweet flavor and creamy texture that goes well with the slight bite of the balsamic vinegar.
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese (like Montrachet), broken into crumbles
Toss the eggplant, peppers, red onion, and seasonings together with the oil and vinegar and roast on a shallow pan in a single layer at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is soft and beginning to brown at the edges. Remove from the pan and allow to come to room temperature. Mix in the green onions, and divide onto salad plates. Sprinkle with the goat cheese.
Tags: recipe, Roasted eggplant and red pepper salad, cooking, diy