Rib eye steak with creamy tarragon mushroom sauce recipe
Rib Eye Steak with Creamy Tarragon Mushroom SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for rib eye steak with creamy tarragon mushroom sauce is a mouthwatering dish that combines juicy, tender steak with a rich and flavorful sauce. The combination of the succulent rib eye steak and the creamy tarragon mushroom sauce creates a perfect balance of flavors. It is a simple yet elegant dish that is sure to impress your family and friends. The creamy sauce is infused with the aromatic taste of tarragon, adding a unique twist to this classic steak recipe.
Keywords: rib eye steak, creamy tarragon mushroom sauce, juicy, tender, flavorful.
Rib eye steak with creamy tarragon mushroom sauce recipe details
A well-blended, gourmet sauce elevates your steak from good to legendary.
Ready in: 35 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1 rib eye steak (or more)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 ounces mushroom caps, finely chopped (Shiitake, preferred)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Salt and pepper the steak on both sides. Let the meat come to room temperature while you make the sauce.
2. Heat olive oil in an 8-inch saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the shallot and stir, cooking for about 1 minute. Then stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. The mushrooms should be tender at this point. Place in a stainless steel bowl and reserve.
3. In the same saucepan, melt the butter and 1/2 cup water together and bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour into another small bowl and use a paper towel to clean the butter residue from the saucepan.
4. Pour a 1-inch layer of water into the saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. This will serve as the bottom layer of your double boiler.
5. Use an electric hand mixer to whisk the egg yolk and vinegar together for about 30 seconds. Then, very slowly, pour the hot butter/water mixture into the egg mixture. Beat on High for about 30 seconds more, then pour it into the stainless steel bowl with the mushrooms and stir to combine.
6. Now, place the stainless steel bowl over the saucepan with the boiling water in it. Stir the mushroom mixture with a metal whisk for about 5 minutes, until the sauce is thick. Then add tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
8. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
9. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Pour creamy sauce over steak and serve.Note
Recipe makes about 1 cup of sauce.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Rib eye steak with creamy tarragon mushroom sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 39 times, 1 visit(s) today