Red hot chili for the slow cooker recipe
Red Hot Chili for the Slow CookerThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
If you choose chili for spiciness, stop here. This is the recipe for you. It’s basic–just beef, onions, and tomatoes, and then a ton of spice. Keep beer, milk, or the fire extinguisher nearby. Inspired by Chef Tom’s “Not For the Faint of Heart Chili.”
Ready in: 8 hours 20 mins
- 4 pounds coarsely ground beef
- 2 large onions
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hot chili beans
- 1 (20 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Water, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. Place ground beef, onions, and peppers in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown, about 15 minutes. Do in batches if your skillet isn’t large enough. Drain, crumble, and transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, adding water until chili reaches your desired consistency. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.Tip
To thicken the chili, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into stew with slow cooker set to HIGH, then repeat until desired thickness is reached.Alternate Method
Cook chili on HIGH for 4 hours.
Reference: Red hot chili for the slow cooker recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)