Quick orange cake
Quick Orange Cake recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- Self-raising flour – ¾ cup
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Castor sugar (pisi hoi cheeni) – ¾ cup
- Soft margarine – ¾ cup
- Egg – 2
- Grated orange – 3 tbl sp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Lime rind ( leemo ka chilka)– 1 tsp (finely slices in small pieces)
- Boiling water – 1 tbl sp
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl
- Add the sugar, margarine, eggs, grated oranges, lemon juice and lime rind.
- Blend coffee with boiling water thoroughly in a cup and add it to the mixture
- Mix together with the wooden spoon then beat for 2/3 mins until smooth and glossy
- Alternatively beat with electric beater until just smooth
- Grease the cake pan and pour the mixture in it
- Put in the oven for 30 mins at 250 C
- Check with the tooth pick, if toothpick comes out clean then the cake is ready
- Take it off the oven, and let it cool
Reference: Quick orange cake
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)