Quick mole style mexican beef and bacon chili recipe
Quick Mole-Style Mexican Beef and Bacon Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Bacon and coffee might remember each other from breakfast. They meet again in this meaty, dark chili with the smoky flavor of coffee and cocoa, two classic ingredients born in America.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Grab a medium sauce pan. Pour in the beef broth and add the ancho chiles. Turn the heat to medium. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat slightly and simmer for 10 minutes. Mash together with potato masher or the back of a wooden sppon.
2. Pour the oil in a large soup pot and heat it until the oil is hot (it will get runny and start to smell a little toasty.) Cook the chopped bacon in the hot oil for about 3 minutes, then add the ground beef. Cook until the beef browned, then add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook for 5 minutes more.
3. Add the beef broth/chile mix and all remaining ingredients to the soup pot. Simmer on low heat to heat everything through. Serve with grated cheese, if desired.
Reference: Quick mole style mexican beef and bacon chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.