Quick four bean chili recipe
Quick Four Bean Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A quartet of beans make this a hearty chili that cooks up fast.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot sauce, to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. In a large saucepan, cook the onion and pepper over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, turn heat to high, and bring to a boil.
2. Turn heat down to low. Simmer for 30 minutes over low heat. Serve with hot sauce dashed over the top, as much as you like.
Reference: Quick four bean chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.