Quiche lorraine recipe
Alan’s Quiche LorraineThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a classic and delicious breakfast or brunch option? Look no further than the Quiche Lorraine recipe! This traditional French dish combines a buttery pastry crust with a rich and creamy filling of eggs, bacon, and cheese. The Quiche Lorraine is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold, making it perfect for any occasion. It is easy to prepare and guaranteed to impress your family and friends.
Keywords: quiche lorraine, recipe, breakfast, brunch, French
Quiche lorraine recipe details
A delicious recipe for brunch or anytime.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 pound bacon – crisp and chopped coarsely
- 1/2 pound cooked ham – chopped coarsely
- 1/2 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 (9 inch) frozen single crust pie shells
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Sprinkle bacon, ham, cheese and onion into pastry shells.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper. Pour mixture into pastry shells. Do not overfill shells; reduce filling amounts as needed.
4. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Quiche lorraine recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 43 times, 1 visit(s) today