Prize winning chili recipe
Prize-Winning ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I won a chili cook-off with this recipe in Tennessee in 1996. My family and friends all love this chili. It is requested for all family get-togethers. Great dish for a chilly day.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 cup water
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 15 mins
1. In a large stock pot, cook the onion and peppers in the olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. Add sausage and ground meat, and brown until crumbly, stirring over medium heat, about 7 minutes.
3. Strain to remove excess grease, then return to stock pot and add spices, tomatoes, beans with their juices, and water.
4. Cook over medium heat until chili starts to bubble.
5. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with shredded cheese and crackers.
Reference: Prize winning chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)