Potato zucchini and bacon frittata recipe
Potato, Zucchini and Bacon Frittata
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Hungry? This bacon, potato and egg frittata gets your day started right–with a heap of zucchini, for your health.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Black pepper, to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Cover potatoes with water in a saucepan. Place over medium-high heat. When water boils, cook over low heat for 3 minutes, then pour off water.
2. Pour oil into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and place over medium heat. Cook potatoes, onion, zucchini, and bacon in hot oil for about 10 minutes, until potatoes develop a light golden crust.
3. Preheat broiler to High heat.
4. Combine eggs and water and whisk. Stir in pepper, then pour into the cast-iron skillet over the potato mixture. Stir once, then cook for about 4 minutes to let the eggs mostly set.
5. Slide the skillet under the broiler and cook for 2 minutes until golden-brown. Serve in slices.
Reference: Potato zucchini and bacon frittata recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.