Potato skins recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A plate of peeled out potatoes with broiled cheese, bacon, and chives with sour cream for dipping.
Ready in: 1 hour 35 mins
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Prep: 35 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash potatoes, poke holes in them with a fork, and place them on a baking pan covered in aluminum foil.
2. Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour. Cool down for about 15-20 minutes before handling.
3. Once cooled, cut the potatoes in half and scoop out excess potato until there is about 1/4 inch left inside.
4. Set the oven to Broil.
5. Add both Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses and divide into the potato halves. Divide the chives and bacon into the potato halves as well.
6. Set under the broiler for about 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
7. Take out and cool for about 5 minutes. Place the potato skins on a plate with the sour cream in a small bowl for dipping.
Reference: Potato skins recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.