Potato pancakes with sour cream and chives recipe
Potato Pancakes with Sour Cream and Chives
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Eat like they did in the old country with this Eastern European classic.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Whisk sour cream together with chives, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Grate potatoes and onion into a bowl. Use paper towels to dry the potatoes and onions as much as possible, then add potato starch, 1 teaspoon salt, and eggs. Drain in a mesh colander.
3. Pour a 1/4-inch layer of oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat. Form the potato onion mixture into 1/8-cup pancakes, about 3 inches wide each.
4. Working in batches, cook pancakes in hot oil for about 5 minutes, flipping once midway through cooking time, until browned. Serve with the flavored sour cream.
Reference: Potato pancakes with sour cream and chives recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.