Porter’s picante recipe
Porter’s PicanteThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Salsa Roja or Red Mexican Salsa recipe for hot water bath canning. We do this every year as the garden peppers and tomatoes come to harvest.
Ready in: 2 hours
- 16 cups tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped peppers (mix poblano, bell and red hot)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Dip tomatoes into boiling water for 1 minute.
2. Put them in cold water and remove skin.
3. Mix all ingredients.
4. Cook 1 1/2 hrs or until thick.
5. Hot water bath canning:
6. Put salsa into sterile jars.
7. Seal and process in boiling water for 10 minutes.
8. Don’t forget to save a bowl for immediate consumption.
Reference: Porter’s picante recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)