Penne rigate with mixed greens and pine nuts recipe
Penne Rigate with Mixed Greens and Pine NutsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for Penne rigate with mixed greens and pine nuts is a delightful combination of flavors and textures. The al dente penne pasta pairs perfectly with a vibrant mix of fresh greens, including spinach, arugula, and kale. Topped with toasted pine nuts for a nutty crunch, this dish is a quick and easy way to incorporate nutritious greens into your meal. With its simple yet flavorful ingredients, it's a versatile recipe that can be enjoyed as a light lunch or a satisfying dinner.
Keywords: penne rigate, mixed greens, pine nuts, nutritious, quick and easy.
Penne rigate with mixed greens and pine nuts recipe details
My daughter has proclaimed this the best pasta dish she has ever had. Something this easy shouldn’t taste this good. Don’t be afraid to use a lot of greens!
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 (10- to 12-oz) bags mixed salad greens with radicchio (often labeled “Italian” or “Mediterranean”)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiana-Reggiano, plus additional for serving
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Combine butter, oil, and pine nuts in cleaned and dried pot and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until nuts are pale golden, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Stir in greens and cook, stirring, until they wilt, about 3 minutes. Add penne, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Stir in cheese and serve immediately with additional cheese on the side.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Penne rigate with mixed greens and pine nuts recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 28 times, 1 visit(s) today