Penne rigate with mixed greens and pine nuts recipe
Penne Rigate with Mixed Greens and Pine Nuts
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
My daughter has proclaimed this the best pasta dish she has ever had. Something this easy shouldn’t taste this good. Don’t be afraid to use a lot of greens!
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 (10- to 12-oz) bags mixed salad greens with radicchio (often labeled “Italian” or “Mediterranean”)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiana-Reggiano, plus additional for serving
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Combine butter, oil, and pine nuts in cleaned and dried pot and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until nuts are pale golden, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 1 minute. Stir in greens and cook, stirring, until they wilt, about 3 minutes. Add penne, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Stir in cheese and serve immediately with additional cheese on the side.
Tags: recipe, Penne rigate with mixed greens and pine nuts recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Penne rigate with mixed greens and pine nuts recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com