Pasta with anchovy tomato sauce recipe
Pasta With Anchovy-Tomato Sauce RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis Pasta with Anchovy Tomato Sauce recipe is a delightful combination of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The rich and savory anchovy-infused tomato sauce perfectly coats the pasta, creating a deliciously satisfying dish. This recipe is quick and easy to make, making it a perfect weeknight meal option. The umami-packed anchovies add a depth of flavor that complements the sweetness of the tomatoes. Serve this pasta dish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for an extra touch of indulgence.
Keywords: pasta, anchovy, tomato sauce, savory, quick
Pasta with anchovy tomato sauce recipe detailsIngredients
1. Penne or similar pasta (1pound)
2. anchovy fillets packed in olive oil (4ounces)
3. minced garlic (6large cloves)
4. whole canned tomatoes, crushed with fingers with juice (3cans)
5. finely chopped onions (1c)
6. dry white wine (1/2c)
7. dried basil leaves (2tbsp)
8. dried parsley leaves (2tsp)
9. chopped fresh basil (2tbsp)
10. chopped fresh parsley (2tbsp)
11. freshly grated parmesan or Romano cheese (1c)
12. salt and pepper (to taste)
Method of preparation
1. Take anchovies. Drain them and then soak them in enough milk to cover for about 20 minutes. Again drain them and dry them on paper towel.
2. Take a large saute pan. Place it over medium heat. Add oil then saute onions in it until gets tender. Then add garlic and anchovy fillets in it. Saute them until the anchovies get melted for about 2 minutes but do not brown them.
3. Now add dry wine and cook over medium heat. Cook it for about 1 minute. Then add dried basil and parsley, tomatoes, salt and peppers. Boil it, now reduce the heat to medium low, cover it and simmer it until tomatoes have cooked for about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water until gets al dente. When the sauce gets ready then take off the lid from the pan and add fresh basil, cheese and parsley. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Take it off from the heat and toss it well. Keep it for 2 minutes and then serve it in a serving dish.
Number of servings – 4
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Pasta with anchovy tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.