Pasta fagioli casserole recipe
Pasta Fagioli Casserole
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Want something more hearty than the soup, and a lot faster to make? This is great! All the flavor and so much more filling! Kids love it. It’s made from the stuff you probably already have in your pantry, too.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can favorite beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, Mexican or Italian style
- 1 (15 ounce) can spagetti sauce
- 2 cups grated cheese, Mozzarella is a good option
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bring large pot of water to boil, and cook elbow macaroni according to directions on box. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until beef is no longer pink in the middle, about 10 minutes. Drain.
4. Add undrained beans, tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce. Toss with pasta and pour into prepared baking dish.
5. Cover with grated cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Reference: Pasta fagioli casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.