Parsley sage rosemary and thyme turkey recipe
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Turkey
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A classic combo of spices so good, it inspired a classic song. See why when you include them in this simple Thanksgiving turkey recipe.
Ready in: 4 hours 30 mins
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 (14 to 16 pound) turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 onions, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 handful parsley leaves
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 celery stalks, chopped coarsely
- 3 carrots, chopped coarsely
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 4 hours
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Stir 5 tablespoons butter together with minced garlic, poultry seasoning, minced rosemary, and minced thyme in a bowl. Rub under turkey breast skin and over the rest of the turkey. Season entire turkey with salt and pepper.
3. Rub the rest of the butter inside the turkey, then stuff with two onions, garlic cloves, parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Set on a rack in a roasting pan.
4. Add broth and wine to the roasting pan, then arrange celery, carrots, and the third onion around the turkey.
5. Bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until turkey’s inner thigh reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes. Carve and serve.
Reference: Parsley sage rosemary and thyme turkey recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.