Oven roasted duck with maple rosemary glaze recipe
Oven Roasted Duck with Maple Rosemary Glaze
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
An easy, savory meal that anyone can make.
Ready in: 2 hours 20 mins
- 1 5 pound duck, washed and trimmed
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pure apple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, fine diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 hours
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Stuff cavity with chopped onions and chopped apple.
3. Fold the tail up and bind the legs, sealing the cavity shut.
4. With a sharp knife, pierce the skin liberally, being very careful not to puncture the flesh beneath. Do this to the top and bottom of the duck to allow the fat to drain easily as it cooks. Failure to make enough puncture holes will result in a greasy duck, and no one likes a greasy duck.
5. In a pan, combine the rest of the ingredients and bring to a quick boil.
6. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the glaze thickens.
7. Pour the glaze over the duck and cook in preheated oven on a rack, elevated from the pan, for approximately 30 minutes per pound.
8. After cooking, discard onion and apple from cavity before carving.Alternate method
Save some of the glaze and coat the duck twice during cooking. Keep in mind, cook time varies based on the weight of your duck. 30 minutes per lb.
For a simple, tasty duck gravy, take 3 tbs of drippings and in separate pan on stovetop add 3 tbs of flour, heat and stir until blended. Add 1 cup beef stock and 2 tbs of orange marmalade. Bring to boil, and then lower heat to simmer for five to ten minutes.
Tags: recipe, Oven roasted duck with maple rosemary glaze recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Oven roasted duck with maple rosemary glaze recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com