Recipe for marble cakeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introMarble cake is a classic dessert that combines the flavors of vanilla and chocolate in a beautiful swirled pattern. This recipe for marble cake is simple yet delicious, perfect for any occasion. With just a few basic ingredients, you can create a moist and tender cake that is sure to impress. The combination of the two flavors creates a delightful contrast that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Keywords: marble cake, dessert, vanilla, chocolate, swirled pattern.
Marble cake detailsINGREDIENTS:
Makes 1 loaf
160g castor sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
150g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g cocoa powder
½ tsp chocolate emulco
- Preheat oven at 180 degC. Line a loaf cake tin with greaseproof paper
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter and castor sugar in a mixing bowl. Using paddle of your mixer, cream until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl periodically for well mixing.
- Add eggs gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Pour in milk. Mix well. Fold in flour mixture in (2) and mix until batter is smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 2. Add cocoa powder and chocolate emulco to one of the portions.
- Drop large spoonfuls of each of the mixtures alternately into the prepared cake tin. Drag a skewer through the mixture to create a marbled efect.
- Bake at 180 degC for 40 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean.
- Make sure butter and eggs are at room temperature.
- Scrape bowl periodically to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.
- To prevent curdling, mixer must be at low speed when eggs are added.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Marble cake
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.