Orange yogurt cake
Recipe for orange yogurt cake
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1 tbsp grated orange rind
190g castor sugar
3 eggs, separated
220g self-raising flour, sifted
60ml orange juice
280ml plain yogurt
- Grease a 23 x 11 cm loaf pan. Preheat oven at 170-180 deg C.
- Cream butter, orange rind and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Fold in sifted flour, orange juice and yogurt. Use mixer to slightly mix the mixture for 1-2 seconds, just to make sure all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites carefully into batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake.
- Let cake in the pan for 5 minutes before turning it on to wire rack.
This is a very moist cake because of the yogurt and orange juice. Do not be surprise when you find there are spots on the cake where they look uncooked or wet. This is because of the yogurt. Mixing the batter slightly with mixer in Step 3 should help reducing this effect.
Reference: Orange yogurt cake
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.