Orange stuffed meatballs recipe
Orange Stuffed Meatballs
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
These classy mini meatballs make a great party appetizer.
Ready in: 40 mins
Makes: 16 meatballs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 1/2 ounces feta cheese, cut into 16 equal cubes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and coat a wire rack with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine egg, ketchup onion, bread crumbs, parsley, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and beef in a bowl and gently mix. Split into 16 equal parts.
3. With your hand, smoosh each portion into a flat round. Put a feta cheese cube in the middle of each round, then wrap the beef around it.
4. Arrange the stuffed meatballs on the prepared wire rack. Place rack in a baking pan with sides, then slide into the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the beef has cooked through.
5. While meatballs are baking: combine marmalade, orange juice, green onions, and jalapeno in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir and heat.
6. Toss hot baked meatballs with the glaze and serve.
Reference: Orange stuffed meatballs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.