Orange spiced pork chops recipe
Orange Spiced Pork ChopsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Cumin- and coriander-seasoned pork chops are pan cooked until tasty, golden brown, and served with a quick orange juice sauce.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 6 (3/4-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 15 mins, marinating
1. Combine 2 teaspoons of coriander with the cumin and granulated garlic in a small bowl. Sprinkle over all sides of the pork chops, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Let the chops marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the pork chops in the hot oil until no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. A meat thermometer should read about 145 degrees F. Remove the pork chops to a serving platter, and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest in a warm spot while you make the sauce.
3. Pour the orange juice and chicken stock into the hot pan, and stir to dissolve the pan drippings. Dissolve the cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon coriander in the water, then stir into the simmering sauce. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and turns clear, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to a simmer, stir in the green onions, and cook 1 minute longer. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops to serve.
Share this content!
Reference: Orange spiced pork chops recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)