Oktoberfest pizza recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Serve up this sausage, kraut and mustard pizza alongside your favorite German beer.
Ready in: 27 mins
- 1 (14 ounce) tube refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon caraway
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 12 mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and coat a rimmed 15×10-inch baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Press the unrolled pizza dough into the baking pan. Poke with a fork a few times, then bake for about 8 minutes to lightly brown.
3. While crust is baking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the kielbasa slices in melted butter, stirring often, until the slices form a golden crust.
4. Pour the mashed potatoes onto the baked crust and spread out into an even layer. Arrange drained sauerkraut, hot kielbasa slices, and cheese on top; sprinkle with caraway.
5. Bake for another 12 to 13 minutes, until cheese melts and pizza is heated through. Slice into wedges and serve.
Reference: Oktoberfest pizza recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.