Oil free muffins
Oil-Free Muffins recipe
This recipe is substituting corn syrup for oil. Try this on some of your other baking recipes as a way to lower fat.
- 2-1/4 cups oat-bran cereal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dry fruits (raisins, dates, prunes, etc.)
- 1-1/4 cups Rice Dream(skim milk)
- 2 egg whites or egg substitute
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the Rice Dream(milk), egg whites, and corn syrup together and blend with dry ingredients. Line muffin pans with paper baking cups and fill with batter, divided equally. Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick.
Tags: recipe, Oil free muffins, cooking, diy