Nyonya ang koo
Recipe for nyonya ang kooThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. INGREDIENTS:
80g sweet potatoes (steamed and mashed)
125g glutinuous rice flour
1/4 tbsp castor sugar
30ml thick coconut milk
25ml corn oil
1-2 drops of orange/red food colouring (optional)
280g red bean/green bean paste
- Combine all ingredients of skin in a mixing bowl. Mix and knead until all combined to form a soft dough.
- Divide skin dough to 20g portions and form each into a ball..
- Divide filling to 20g portions and form each into a ball.
- Wrap each filling with a portion of dough. Press into an ang koo mould. Bang mould slightly to dislodge the ang koo.
- Place ang koo onto a small piece of banana leave of slightly larger size than the ang koo. Repeat for all the remaining dough and filling.
- Line steamer with banana leaves and place ang koo onto the banana leaves. Steam at medium heat over boiling water for 10 minutes until skin is translucent.
- I did not use any food colouring as We thought the natural colouring of the sweet potatoes was enough. However, adding a few drops of colouring will make the ang koo look more like those sold outside at hawker stalls.
- Do not steam ang koo at high heat as this will cause rapid expansion of the skin and result in undefined pattern.
- Please adjust skin : filling ratio according to your mould and your preference (how thick you like your skin to be).
Reference: Nyonya ang koo
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)