Not just another crab cake recipe
Not Just Another Crab Cake
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This simple crab cake recipe is packed full of spices including cayenne pepper, white pepper and Old Bay(R) seasoning.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt (preferably kosher)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay(R) seasoning
- 1 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups soft, white bread cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- olive oil
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine cayenne, white pepper, salt, dry mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, and eggs in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Place crab meat in another large bowl and gently fold egg mixture into crab meat. Gently form into patties.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes, in batches if necessary, and cook until lightly browned. Transfer crab cakes to a sheet pan and finish cooking the crab cakes in the oven until heated through. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce, if desired.
Reference: Not just another crab cake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.