New england broccoli cheese soup recipe
New England Broccoli & Cheese Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A good thick soup to warm up a cold day. You can decrease the prep/cook time by making broth and cheese mixture at same time.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups whole milk or half and half
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked chicken (optional)
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. In large saucepan, cook onions in the margarine untill soft. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Add milk and stir constantly, cooking until thick. Add cheese, stirring until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. In medium saucepan, bring water to boil and dissolve bouillon cubes. Add broccoli and cook until tender, do not drain. Mix the broccoli and broth with cheese sauce until well blended.
Reference: New england broccoli cheese soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.