Neapolitan vegetable cheesecake recipe
Neapolitan Vegetable Cheesecake recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 3 cups packed coarsely grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- One 8-ounce package mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3/4 cut grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fine, dry bread crumbs, divided
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- One 2-ounce can anchovy fillets, drained and rolled
Combine zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir well. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Roll zucchini in paper towels to squeeze out excess moisture; place in a bowl, and set aside.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, onion, and butter in a large skillet; saute 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini, carrots, flour, garlic, basil, and oregano. Cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add parsley and lemon juice. Combine eggs, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl; beat well. Add vegetable mixture and salt and pepper to taste; stir until well blended. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon bread crumbs over the bottom of a greased 10-inch springform pan. Pour vegetable mixture into pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
Dredge plum tomato slices in remaining bread crumbs. Garnish cheesecake with tomato slices and rolled anchovies. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to 350 degrees, and bake 30 minutes. Turn off oven, and open door; let cheesecake cool in oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Yield: One 10-inch cheesecake
Reference: Neapolitan vegetable cheesecake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.