Mustard chili barbecued chicken recipe
Mustard Chili Barbecued ChickenThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A double-threat of heat. Mustard and chili combine in a sauce to keep this grilled chicken moist, and deliver some major flavor.
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) fryer chickens, cut up
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. To make the barbecue sauce, stir together everything but the chicken in a saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Reserve half of the sauce for serving and keep the other half in a bowl by the grill.
2. Preheat the grill to Medium (or Medium-Low) and lightly oil grate.
3. Place the chicken on grill. Grill the chicken for about 40 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so. Then baste with the sauce by the grill and grill for another 10 minutes. Chicken needs to be at least 160 degrees F internally.
4. When you serve up this BBQ chicken, offer guests the sauce you reserved to pour over it.
Reference: Mustard chili barbecued chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)