Braised bacon cabbage recipe
Braised Bacon CabbageThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a hearty and flavorful dish? Look no further than this delicious Braised Bacon Cabbage recipe. This recipe combines tender cabbage with crispy bacon, creating a mouthwatering combination of flavors. With just a handful of ingredients and simple steps, you can easily whip up this comforting dish in no time. Perfect as a side dish or a main course, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Keywords: braised, bacon, cabbage, recipe, flavorful.
Braised bacon cabbage recipe details
Says Jamie: “When it comes to salads and vegetables you should want to eat them, not have to eat them.” This simple recipe is one he often cooks at home.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 Savoy, green or spring cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 slices smoked bacon
- 1 lug olive oil
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 chicken or vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/8 tsp, or to taste salt
- 1/8 tsp, or to taste ground pepper
- 1 lug extra virgin olive oil
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Strip all the leaves off the cabbage and wash them. Roll the leaves up together, like a cigar, and slice finely.
2. Peel and finely chop 2 cloves of garlic. Slice up 6 slices of smoked bacon, preferably free-range or organic.
3. Place the bacon in a large saucepan on medium heat with a lug of olive oil and stir around for a few minutes until perfectly crisp and golden. Stir in the garlic and as it begins to color add the Worcestershire sauce, butter, and all your finely sliced cabbage. Stir well, give the pan a shake, and turn the heat to high.
4. Drop the bouillon cube into 1 3/4 cups boiling water, pour this broth into a pan, and give it all a good stir. Place a lid on top and cook for 5 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Taste, and season with salt and pepper if you think it needs it. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil just before serving.Tip
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Braised bacon cabbage recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 43 times, 1 visit(s) today