Mochiko asian fried chicken recipe
Mochiko Asian Fried ChickenThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the delectable Mochiko Asian Fried Chicken recipe, a mouthwatering fusion of flavors that will transport your taste buds to the streets of Asia. This recipe combines the crispy goodness of fried chicken with the unique texture and taste of Mochiko rice flour, resulting in a dish that is both crunchy and tender. The secret lies in the marinade, which infuses the chicken with a harmonious blend of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and other aromatic spices. With its irresistible aroma and unforgettable taste, this recipe is sure to become a favorite at your dinner table.
Keywords: Mochiko, Asian, fried chicken, fusion, marinade.
Mochiko asian fried chicken recipe details
Chicken marinated with Chinese classic ingredients, then fried for something divine.
Ready in: 8 hours 40 mins
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/2 cup Mochiko flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 4 stalks green onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 4 cups vegetable oil (to fry)
- 5 pounds chicken thighs, deboned and cut in half
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Extra time: 8 hours, marinating
1. In a large container, combine all ingredients except chicken, and mix well. Add the chicken and stir until all pieces are coated. Cover and let marinate overnight in the fridge, about 8 hours.
2. Stir ingredients in the morning, then put it back in the fridge until you are ready to cook. 10 minutes prior to cooking, take container out of the fridge.
3. Fill a wok with oil and heat on medium, or heat oil in deep fryer on medium setting. Test hotness of oil by dropping some batter in it. If oil is hot, batter will begin to cook on contact. If not, wait until it gets hot.
4. Deep-fry chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes per batch. Let cooked chicken drain on wire rack over some newspaper. Serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Mochiko asian fried chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 52 times, 1 visit(s) today