Mexican salsa recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A roasted chili salsa you’ll enjoy, great for tacos, corn chips or as a party dip.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 10 pieces dried chili de arbol
- 5 husked tomatillos
- 1 tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. On a tortilla warmer, roast your chilies until they get nice and dark. Toast the tomatillos, tomato, and garlic clove until soft.
2. Put the toasted ingredients into a blender with the tomato sauce, water, garlic salt, salt, and chicken bouillon; blend them on Low for 30 seconds, then on High for 1 minute. Taste for flavor add salt or garlic salt as needed. If salsa is too hot, add up to 4 ounces of water to bring down the intensity of flavor.
Reference: Mexican salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)