Mexican grilled steak recipe
Mexican Grilled SteakThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
My whole family loves this recipe. It is a grilled flank or skirt steak with a simple carne asada marinade. Mexican grilled steak is great backyard grill food. This is best served in tortillas with shredded cabbage, salsa, sliced onions, guacamole or whatever else you would like.
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
- 2 to 3 pounds flank or skirt steak
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 to 2 onions, sliced thin
- 2 to 3 oranges, juice only
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. In a large bowl, mix the meat with the oil, onions, orange juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or overnight.
2. Start a good fire in your grill, preferably with mesquite charcoal. Remove the meat from its marinade and grill over hot flame until the first side is well browned, from 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the meat over and grill on the other side till cooked to desired doneness. Remove from grill.
3. Slice meat into thin strips across the grain and serve as a topping for tostadas or as a filling for tacos or burritos.Cook’s note:
Variations: Add some lime juice along with the orange juice in the marinade. Other additions could include cumin, chili powder and chopped cilantro.
Reference: Mexican grilled steak recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)