Mega burgers recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
2/3 pound burgers stuffed with bacon and cheese, topped with more bacon and cheese.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 4 pounds hamburger, 85-percent lean recommended
- 1 pound pepper bacon
- 12 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 teaspoons butter, or as needed
- Garlic salt
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
2. Cook bacon in skillet, and set aside.
3. Make beef into 12 patties, approximately 1/3 pound each. Place 1 slice cheese and 1 strip bacon on 6 of the patties; break the cheese slices and bacon apart when arranging, to leave at least 1/2 margin all around.
4. Place remaining patties over topped patties; press and roll seams to seal edges all the way around. Press completed burgers to somewhat flat-make a quarter-sized dent on the top to prevent them from puffing up while cooking.
5. Grill over medium-high heat until juices are no longer red, about 10 minutes; top each with remaining cheese & bacon until cheese begins to melt.
6. Butter inner sides of buns and sprinkle with garlic salt; place on grill until just toasted.
7. Put all together and enjoy!
Reference: Mega burgers recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.