Meat loaf recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The first time I made this was to improve the Family Secret Recipe. It is the most delicious meatloaf I have ever eaten, and I hope you will agree.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1/2 cup buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Combine crackers and dry seasonings in a small bowl.
3. Beat egg, W sauce, and tomato paste in large bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients and minced vegetables to egg mixture and combine well, then add meat to all and combine thoroughly but do not squeeze mixture.
5. Press mixture into 10-inch loaf pan and turn meatloaf out into 9×13-inch baking dish.
6. Insert thermometer probe into the middle of loaf at a 45 degree angle.
7. Bake until thermometer reads 155 degrees F.
Reference: Meat loaf recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.