Meat loaf recipe
Meat-LoafThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis meat loaf recipe is a classic comfort food that never fails to satisfy. Made with ground beef, breadcrumbs, and a flavorful blend of herbs and spices, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite. The meat loaf is baked to perfection, resulting in a moist and tender dish that pairs well with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Whether you're serving it for a weeknight dinner or at a special gathering, this recipe is guaranteed to impress.
Keywords: meat loaf, comfort food, ground beef, baked, family favorite.
Meat loaf recipe details
The first time I made this was to improve the Family Secret Recipe. It is the most delicious meatloaf I have ever eaten, and I hope you will agree.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1/2 cup buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Combine crackers and dry seasonings in a small bowl.
3. Beat egg, W sauce, and tomato paste in large bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients and minced vegetables to egg mixture and combine well, then add meat to all and combine thoroughly but do not squeeze mixture.
5. Press mixture into 10-inch loaf pan and turn meatloaf out into 9×13-inch baking dish.
6. Insert thermometer probe into the middle of loaf at a 45 degree angle.
7. Bake until thermometer reads 155 degrees F.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Meat loaf recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 36 times, 1 visit(s) today