Maui onion soup with puna goat cheese toasts recipe
Maui Onion Soup with Puna Goat Cheese Toasts recipe
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds Maui onions, sliced thinly
- 8 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons ground fennel seed
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander seed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 Tablespoons Mirin (Japanese sweet cooking wine)
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 16 to 20 slices French bread
- 4 ounces puna goat cheese
Melt butter in a large pan. Add sliced onions and saute over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, fennel, and coriander. Stir on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine and Mirin, keeping heat high and stirring until liquid is reduced and absorbed, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add stock and bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Preheat broiler and toast bread lightly on both sides. Cool slightly and spread with goat cheese. If you want, keeping broiler on, pour soup into heat-proof bowls and float 2 toasts in each bowl. Broil until cheese is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tags: recipe, Maui onion soup with puna goat cheese toasts recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Maui onion soup with puna goat cheese toasts recipeRecipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com